Team Leader - Security Platforms Engineering
The role is for a team lead to manage the Platform Security Design and Engineering team within our Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group. You will lead a global learn of skilled security engineers in the design, testing, delivery and 3rd level support of our current and future platform security services within the technical operations environment.
- Day-to-day management of team workload, priorities and projects to meet committed delivery deadlines.
- Accountable for the engineering and delivery of security tools such as: Trend OfficeScan, McAfee anti-virus. Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Trend Deep Security and encryption tools, e.g. Vormetric and Symantec FDE.
- Collaborate with other ISRM managers to develop future roadmaps for existing and future platform security requirements.
- Leading strategic design and implementation of solutions.
- Consulting with our internal customers to define and apply security services that meet their needs.
- Operational 3rd line support, e.g. Responding to escalated alerts, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Liaising with vendor partners to engineer solutions to meet TR requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the other IT disciplines inside the larger organization, including network engineering, storage engineering, systems management engineering, and platform engineering to provide consultancy for security-related issues.
- Life-cycle management of security tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a development or operational team in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing/supporting at least 2 of the above tools within an enterprise environment.
- Systems administration experience in Windows Server and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure is an advantage.
- Good understanding of basic TCP/IP principles and current LAN technology including use of system based network capture utilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of and experience with Storage technologies, Monitoring tools, and Microsoft SQL.
- Scripting experience (vbscript, powershell, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization platforms a plus ( VMware, Hyper V)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top