Team Leader, Payroll
WHAT IS THIS JOB ABOUT?
The jobholder is responsible for the end to end Payroll lifecycle and team management. To provide a quality service to our customers and partner groups including employees, payroll providers, local authorities and internal stakeholders.
The jobholder reports to the EMEA Sub Regional Payroll Manager.
YOUR DAILY TASKS WILL INVOLVE:
- To lead a team of payroll specialists to execute the delivery of multiple international payroll services in a service oriented manner that is consistent with established payroll policies, produces and business requirements.
- Manage the submission of payroll input data to payroll providers. Continuously improve the method Payroll receives data from our internal stakeholders to achieve operational efficiency.
- Complete payroll reviews before each pay date for each relevant country by understanding their processes and supervising payroll staff responsible for the provision of payroll specific for local and international assignee employee deliverables eg: data input, vendor processing, report reviews, payment authorization, payroll accounting, issues resolution
- Deliver high quality payroll data and pay always in time. Monitor and ensure that error rate does not exceed 0.5% each month
- Ensure timely resolutions of any irregularities as necessary for posting accounting entries into GL before month end close.
- Perform monthly payroll accounts reconciliations.
- Complete compliance controls are operating effectively for Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements
- Participate in monthly meetings with payroll vendor and key stakeholders to discuss payroll issues resolution and opportunity for process improvements
- Design and implement improvements on a continual basis
- Ensure standardisation of country payroll activities to regional payroll practices
- Participate in change control/projects for payroll processes to enhance the operation to ensure performance standards are maintained
- Motivate team members by creating an environment that facilitates teamwork and open communication
- Manage resource allocation within the team to ensure efficient and effective resource utilization
- Manage quality standards by providing direction on priorities and monitoring individuals and teams performance
- Participate in staff recruitment, retention and development o increase team productivity
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension (what), Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- At least 4 years of payroll related experiences in a shared services environment.
- Minimum three years' experience with multi-country payrolls (within the EMEA region), tax related issues and regulatory compliance.
- Language skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with exposure in change management.
- Proven ability to form strong customer relationships, an understanding of customer focus and service delivery.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Drive & self motivation with the ability to work independently.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top