Team Leader, Bank Loans
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Team Leader of Bank Loan Pricing is responsible for managing a team of Bank Loan evaluators and providing timely and accurate end-of-day Bank Loan evaluations. Evaluations are used by banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, and asset managers for client statements, research, risk analysis, and portfolio valuation. Evaluators analyze broker contributions, trading activity, and the new issue market. A great deal of time is spent obtaining quotes from trading desks, analyzing these quotes, and applying them to appropriate issues. Evaluators also perform quality control checks to insure pricing accuracy. Evaluators have direct customer contact. Clients call evaluators directly to challenge prices and verify price fluctuations. Evaluators must remain until 6PM in order to answer these inquiries. Other responsibilities include networking with Bank Loan market participants, documentation, training junior evaluators, identifying system enhancements, and working with development on system design.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Provide Loan mark to market bid and offer levels to clients on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Obtain market color through interaction with various Bank Loan trading desks.
- Maintain close contacts with the dealer community to obtain market insights in times of little transparency
- Obtain and analyze market related news on a regular basis
- Manage a team of Loan evaluators:
- Direct responsibilities appropriately and ensure that workflow is efficient/logical
- Oversee all analysis and results and ensure they are accurate and timely
- Educate the team about Bank Loans and market practices, as well as cultivate capability to discern new trends and assumptions; train team in proper/effective client interaction
- Ability to network and build internal and external relationships, ability to work effectively in a team environment and mentor/train
- Network of industry contacts
- Communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Prior management or product lead experience preferred
- Willingness to travel a plus
- Prior experience in dealing with clients a plus
- Knowledge of third party software solutions a plus
- Other relevant Fixed Income certifications a plus
- Prior experience as trader, research analyst, quantitative analyst, portfolio manager, valuation/pricing expert with significant industry connections and relationships
- Expertise in global financial markets and specifically, fixed income and Bank Loan products
- Ability and willingness to mentor/train junior staff and to participate in the summer and full-time analyst programs
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top