Team Lead Software Engineer
About Thomson Reuters
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Lead Software Developer
Legal Enterprise Solutions
Product or Service:
Workspace & Elite Integration Framework
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Microsoft .Net Software Developer looking to step into or experienced within a lead position. Working on all aspects of software solutions being developed by the Legal Enterprise Solutions team.
The successful candidate will lead team members within a dynamic and innovative development team using the latest Microsoft & Web based tools and technologies to provide solutions to the legal Industry.
The successful applicant will be working within an agile team located locally and in remote locations following a scrum based methodology.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead the front end team designing and developing using the Microsoft .NET Framework, Angular web development and Xamarin tools.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
- Perform in a team-lead role effectively managing multiple priorities for a team of software developers.
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes.
- Perform mentoring and peer reviews.
- Responsible for designing and implementing applications based on a varying degree of functional specifications.
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- In conjunction with team architects and business analysts understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs and architectures.
- Work with other teams effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn existing products that you will be required to interface with.
- Leading developers on site and in remote locations and also the architects and product managers on the analysis, design and delivery of new features.
- Attend occasional customer meetings when necessary and interface with partners.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Above all you must be passionate about working within the Microsoft technology space as within the team there is back end services development using restful services and at the front end Xamarin and modern web interfaces using AngularJS.
- Experience with the C# programming language & software engineering methodologies.
- General understanding of software development quality processes and unit testing.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the team, including upward communication of work status e.g. to delivery managers.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience with other languages and technologies advantageous but not essential.
- Familiarity with the legal industry would be helpful but not essential.
- Familiarity with cloud based development particularly Microsoft Azure an advantage.
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications)
BS computer science, or equivalent work experience
Proven Experience of enterprise software development experience using the .Net platform.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top