Team Lead, Software Development
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Microsoft Azure and .NET Software Developer looking to step into or experienced within a people lead position. Working on all aspects of a software application being developed by the Legal Enterprise Solutions team.
The successful candidate will lead team members within a dynamic and innovative development environment using the latest Microsoft & Azure based tools and technologies as we transform our EBH application to run in Azure.
The selected applicant will be working within an agile team located locally and in remote locations following a scrum-based methodology.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead the development team in transforming a legacy application into a modern Azure based application using platform services (PaaS) and delivering a SaaS solution to our legal customers.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other specialists.
- Partner with an Azure architect to develop a highly scalable and efficient application that integrates with other TR Legal applications.
- Perform in a team-lead role effectively leading multiple priorities for a team of software developers and quality assurance professionals.
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes.
- Perform mentoring and peer reviews.
- Responsible for designing and implementing applications based on a varying degree of functional specifications.
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- In conjunction with team architects and business analysts understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs and architectures.
- Work with other teams effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn existing products that you will be required to interface with.
- Leading developers on site and in remote locations and working with architects and product managers on the analysis, design and delivery of new features.
- Attend occasional customer meetings when necessary and interface with partners.
- Above all, you are passionate about working within the Microsoft technology space and have Azure experience.
- 5+ years of experience backed by strong leadership skills and ability to inspire the team.
- Experience managing a team of 6-8 developers plus offshore.
- Experience with the C# programming language & software engineering methodologies.
- General understanding of software development quality processes and unit testing.
- High business acumen.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the team, including upward communication of work status e.g. to delivery managers.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
- Experience with other languages and technologies advantageous.
- Familiarity with the legal industry would be helpful.
- BS computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Validated Experience of enterprise software development experience using the .Net platform.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 - 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top