Team Lead, News Discovery and Metadata
Do you yearn to bring order to chaos? Do you seek the satisfaction of building a new team with a global remit from scratch? Do you want to help the world's best news organization ensure that its customers and readers can find the news that matters to them? Then you may be the right person to become Reuters first ever Team Lead, News Discovery and Metadata, a position at the center of the editorial operation created to enhance our editorial excellence and accelerate our commercial growth.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally organized and self-directed individual with a mix of interpersonal communication skills, project management ability and a strong understanding of the kind of news that powers financial markets and affects the world.
- Building up a small team of analyst-journalists who will develop and oversee the tools and systems that ensure every Reuters news story, video and photograph is accurately and fully tagged with the right information for our customers.
- The team will help train the algorithms that automatically tag our news with the right people, places and things, and for managing the relationships between those tags.
- They will identify pain points and trouble spots, and work with global stakeholders to do whatever is necessary to eliminate them - in some cases working behind the scenes to address issues in near real-time.
- Previous experience working in a newsroom is preferred but not essential.
- Superior communication skills and some project management experience will be critical.
- Most essential is a passion for the kind of exacting, detailed work necessary to ensure that Reuters News reaches the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top