Team Lead (Dev/QA) Software Engineer
A Team Lead (Dev/QA) Software Engineer will provide technical supervision, guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of highly skilled engineers to develop applications and construct automated test suite to ensure the quality of our systems.
The Platform Big Data Core technology group is seeking a team-oriented, self-motivated professional to fill the role of Team Lead Dev/QA Software Engineer. The Enterprise Content Platform (ECP) is an innovative technology and a business direction for Thomson Reuters. ECP puts content from all Thomson Reuters' businesses in a single place, fuelling our growth as we acquire, store and use content as an enterprise. A single content location coupled with the ability to share found relationships across this enterprise content will enable new business models, services and products. ECP is truly transformational for Thomson Reuters. It will change the way we think about information and content in the new data economy.
The ECP technology stack starts with big data technologies and extends those capabilities into the Cloud. ECP is a unique industry and leading implementation of these technologies in their use as a multi-tenant and secured clusters, shared content and functionality, enterprise content and application management platform including replication and resiliency. ECP is a ground breaking, exciting opportunity for engineers ready to learn new skills, solve difficult problems and drive the Big Data industry forward. We are looking for a leader who is eager to expand their technology experience managing a team that is developing automated testing for a suite of ECP Big data applications.
This leader will also be involved in leading the team developing against the Product Insight Technology Stack. The Product Insight technology stack starts with Java data collection SDKs for multiple technology environments including any Java application, web browsers, IOS or Android application. The components of AWS components include EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, etc. Finally, Kibana is used to create dashboards using the analytics. Product Insight is a unique industry and leading implementation of these technologies.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Participate in Agile team building big data solutions
- Lead a team of engineers involved in building automated testing and development
- Create and execute end to end tests to ensure code meets requirements.
- Create and execute system tests to ensure code meets SLA.
- Participate in project planning sessions to understand development requirements, and provide work breakdown and estimates for testing tasks
- Develop tests using industry and company best practices.
- Collaborate with developers on a day-to-day basis
- Improve code quality and performance by creating innovative testing solutions
- Account for the quality and timeliness of own work.
- Maintain and grow applications according to business and technology priorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 5 years of testing Java software
- 2 years Agile development
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience building automated unit tests, integration tests, end to end tests.
- Experience with Chaos Monkey is a plus
- Experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS) with services and products like EC2, S3, Docker and Elastic Search a plus
- Overall understanding of BigData principles and technologies is a plus
- General understanding of software development quality processes.
- Enjoy working on challenging problems using cutting edge technologies
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top