Tax Technology Implementation Manager
In this position you will be responsible for managing a customer project that includes a custom version of ONESOURCE Tax Provision and Planning software product as well as other tax software. The project is based the majority of time at our Fortune 150 customer, who is located in Princeton, NJ.
In working with this client, you will be joining of team of highly skilled professionals belonging to Thomson Reuters, the client, and other vendors. You will become in integral part of the client's tax close, budget and projection, and audit processes. You will need to work as a member and a leader within the team across reporting lines with the focus of completing tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Understanding the principles of Federal, State, Local, and International tax are essential to this role. You will also need to have a working knowledge of project management, software functional design, and software development.
Responsibilities include managing the execution of an operational plan including:
- Overseeing the administration of software as well as external workpapers (Excel spreadsheets, documents).
- Gathering business requirements to determine additional functionality requirements.
- Directing resources (both internal and external).
- Evaluating results by creating and maintaining documentation of operational and systemic processes.
- Oversee business and data management processes and constantly look for ways to streamline and improve these processes.
- Responsible for leading the training of client personnel on the use of software solutions and business practices.
- Be the person "on the ground" ensuring the smooth operation of the overall engagement.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or better in Accounting, MIS, or Business
- Minimum of four (4) years of income tax compliance/provision experience.
- Strong business process and analytical skills are essential.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of ONESOURCE Tax Provision and tax related software is highly desired.
Non-Technical Job Requirements:
- Candidate must be results oriented and capable of working independently in the field.
- Project management and analytical skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly master the solutions, FAS 109 concepts and best practice business procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Be able to give direction to others, but more also be able to take direction from peers and senior managers.
- Ability to interact with client tax department professionals and MIS/IT personnel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top