Tax Research, Lead Business Analyst
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Tax Research Lead Business Analyst
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Working as part of Thomson Reuters' Tax & Accounting business, you will be part of the new Global Compliance and Reporting development hub, developing and maintaining global tax compliance modules on our ONESOURCE tax platform.
You will be responsible for capturing the tax business requirements (tax rules, tax return structure, E-filing capability) for our ONESOURCE Corporate Tax software. You will manage the requirements and testing documentation process, ensuring the development and quality assurance teams can deliver functionality required by our customers.
You will utilise your deep tax experience and research skills to document requirements, leveraging our in house domain / product specialists, third party content providers and Revenue authority contacts as required to fulfill the role.
Additionally, you will form part of our customer support function, providing assistance on product support calls.
The Gdynia team will form part of our Global Compliance and Reporting team, based in the UK, US, India, Asia Australia, currently supporting compliance in over 50 countries across Corporate tax, Indirect tax and Statutory accounting.
This is a key growth area for Thomson Reuters, and establishing a presence in Poland, is part of our strategy to rapidly scale the business.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
You will be responsible for:
- Researching tax requirements for new and existing jurisdictions/features: review tax documentation, tax authority websites and other source documents to create clear and succinct change requirement specifications for the tax content development team to follow
- Writing test case scenarios that are comprehensive and easy to follow with expected outcomes, supporting change requirement specifications, enabling the software changes to be fully tested and validated
- Monitoring the local tax regimes for upcoming changes and developments that may impact the software
- Monitoring and assisting the QA team with the execution of test plans when required, ensuring the process aligns to requirements from a tax perspective
- Testing new developments in the platform ensuring they meet the local content business requirements
- Work with external tax content providers and revenue authorities to ensure all products meet current legislative requirements
- Assisting with 3rd line support, escalated from the ONESOURCE product support teams and local TRTA client service teams.
The work will involve:
- Working with the country leads on establishing scope and planning releases and updates
- Working with content design experts where necessary, to ensure the software is designed correctly to deliver the tax functionality required for each country content set
- Working with other TRTA content teams in different geographic locations, including country leads, content designers, support, product management, client services and quality assurance. Providing tax assistance on support, training and client queries and opportunities
- Providing 3rd line support, escalated from the ONESOURCE product support teams and local TRTA client service teams.
You will report to the Tax Content Development Manager in Gdynia, responsible for the Global Compliance and Reporting team.
You will work side by side with the Quality Assurance function, providing tax support to the quality assurance function.
Your main interaction will be with the Tax Content Consultants developing the country templates. Ensuring requirements are clear and understandable, and providing tax input during the development process.
You will work with the ONESOURCE support teams, to ensure we provide effective assistance to escalated customer support issues.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Experienced tax professional of 5 years (and around 1 year supervisory experience would be a bonus) with practical experience in tax compliance and / or advisory, ideally across more than one country
- Professional Tax or Accountancy qualification
- Exposure to tax compliance in one of the following countries would provide a distinct advantage: UK, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland and Germany
- Good understand and experience of creating and reviewing tax accounting calculations and reconciliations
- Strong tax research skills, ideally with experience of reviewing a wide variety of complex tax returns
- Fluent English, knowledge of other languages, particularly French, Spanish, German or Italian, would be an advantage
- Interested in technology with a demonstrable knowledge of software systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organised and methodical approach to work, especially attention to detail
- Adept at all aspects of technical communications, including using presentations technologies (e.g. WebEx, PowerPoint) and software demonstrations
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- ACCA certification
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top