Tax Manager - EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Tax Manager – EMEA Indirect Tax Compliance
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The main purpose of the Indirect Tax Manager role is to ensure that all tax forms, rates and rules in ONESOURCE products are updated in with legislative changes and are implemented in the software accurately, completely and delivered on time.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Set up and oversee indirect tax research operations in the region.
- Monitor changes in tax legislation and regulations and assess impact on those changes on ONESOURCE products.
- Review of the forms, rates and other legislative updates and approve all changes to be implemented in the software.
- Work together with development team members on updating the software and making sure new changes/functionalities are delivered to clients as per legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all changes are properly documented and relevant information is archived.
- Provide recommendations on a wide variety of indirect tax issues and communicate them in an understandable manner to non-tax professionals.
- Hiring of tax research analysts and leading, motivating and developing the team.
- Leading or supporting strategic initiatives for tax research and development operations, including
- Enhancing the product coverage or functionality.
- Identifying new features and tax content that will benefit customers.
- Identifying trends and current issues that impact ONESOURCE products.
- Ensure that all client queries are responded to in line with service level agreements.
- Delivering tax presentations for internal and external customers and publishing articles on topical indirect tax issues.
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
Flexibility and home-office opportunities
Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
High standards of ethics in the workplace
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Strong research skills, experience with tax databases highly beneficial.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and proactively seeking for opportunities to develop further.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly identify customer needs and provide suitable solutions.
- Superior communication skills, writing skills and the ability to write articles on tax topics for internal or external publications.
- Advanced software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines.
- Strong management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or related field or numerical disciplines (Science, Engineering, Mathematics).
- Professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of indirect tax legislation in one or more countries in the region.
- Expertise in compliance processes related to indirect taxes in the region and practical experience with preparation and filing of tax returns (ideally gathered in a Big 4 or other accounting firm or in-house environment).
- Experience with ERP systems and tax technology.
- Proficiency in English is required, knowledge of other languages highly desirable.
- Experience in working with remote teams based in different time zones.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top