Tax Content Consultant
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Tax Content Consultant
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Working as part of Thomson Reuters' Tax & Accounting business, you will be part of the new Global Compliance and Reporting development hub, developing and maintaining global tax compliance modules on our ONESOURCE tax platform.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day work of a small team developing and maintaining tax content for ONESOURCE Corporate Tax, our leading global tax compliance software solution. In your role you will work on a variety of country templates, coaching a small team of junior developers to assist.
While your work is primarily with the local Gdynia team, you will work closely with the wider global product and content teams. The Gdynia team will form part of our Global Compliance and Reporting team, based in the UK, US, India, Asia Australia, currently supporting compliance in over 50 countries across Corporate tax, Indirect tax and Statutory accounting.
This is a key growth area for Thomson Reuters, and establishing a presence in Poland, is part of our strategy to rapidly scale the business.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
You will report to the local Tax Content Development Manager, and be responsible for:
- Updating existing ONESOURCE Corporate Tax templates in accordance with written requirements / specifications
- Assisting in building new country templates, working in partnership with experienced content designer's, platform developers and local partners where required
- Reviewing and testing tax templates, to ensure they meet written requirements / specifications and are built in accordance with best practice
- Managing the day to day development process, including; managing the tracking system, delegating work to junior resources, reviewing testing and QA results, escalating roadblocks and risks to the management
- Providing 3rd line support, escalated from the ONESOURCE product support teams and local TRTA client service teams
- Supporting the team, undertaking research such as reviewing tax authority documents, tax legislation and other information sources. You will also be involved in in tax related discussions with partners and tax authorities as needed
- You will report to Tax Content Development Manager in Gdynia, responsible for the Global Compliance and Reporting team in Gdynia
- Your main interaction will be with the Tax Business Analysts and other content specialists, who will manage the high level development plans and specifications
- You will work with the ONESOURCE support teams, to ensure we provide effective assistance to escalated customer support issues.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Experienced tax professional (at least 3 years and around 1 year supervisory experience) with practical experience in tax compliance and / or advisory
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a numerical discipline (Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or related subjects)
- Tax and / or Accountancy qualification (willing to consider a range of experience including newly or part qualified)
- Exposure to tax compliance in one of the following countries would provide a distinct advantage: UK, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland and Germany
- Fluent English, knowledge of other languages, particularly French, Spanish, German or Italian, is desirable
- Interested in technology with a demonstrable knowledge of software systems, in particular good working experience in Excel
- Experience in producing complex calculations or models in Excel would be an advantage and good demonstrations of strong excel skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work, especially attention to detail.
- The ability to work virtually with people in different locations including London, India, Australia.
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- ACCA certificate or other Accountancy qualification would be an advantage
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top