Tax Content Consultant
Tax Content Consultant
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Working as part of Thomson Reuters' Tax & Accounting business, you will be part of the new Global Tax Compliance and Reporting development hub, developing and maintaining global tax compliance modules on our ONESOURCE tax platform.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day work of a small team developing and maintaining tax content for ONESOURCE Indirect Tax, our leading global tax compliance software solution. In your role you will work on a variety of country templates.
While your work is primarily with the local Gdynia team, you will work closely with the wider global product and content teams. The Gdynia team forms part of our Global Tax Compliance and Reporting team, currently supporting compliance in over 50 countries across Corporate tax, Indirect tax and Statutory accounting.
This is a key growth area for Thomson Reuters, and establishing a presence in Poland, is part of our strategy to rapidly scale the business.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Updating existing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax templates in accordance with written requirements / specifications
- Assisting in building new country templates, working in partnership with experienced content designer's, platform developers and local partners where required
- Reviewing and testing tax templates, to ensure they meet written requirements / specifications and are built in accordance with best practice
- Managing the day to day development process, including; managing the tracking system, delegating work to junior resources, reviewing testing and QA results, escalating roadblocks and risks to the management
- Providing 3rd line support, escalated from the ONESOURCE product support teams and local TRTA client service teams
- Research, analyze, interpret and document tax laws and regulations
- Communicate tax/legal issues in an understandable manner to non-tax/legal tax professionals
- Provide guidance to other departments regarding tax processes
- Maintenance and accuracy of all applicable tax/legal information in content database
- Supporting the team, undertaking research such as reviewing tax authority documents, tax legislation and other information sources. You will also be involved in tax related discussions with partners and tax authorities as needed
- Your main interaction will be with the Tax Business Analysts and other content specialists, who will manage the high level development plans and specifications
- You will work with the ONESOURCE support teams, to ensure we provide effective assistance to escalated customer support issues
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Experienced tax professional (at least 3 years) with practical experience in tax compliance and / or advisory
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a numerical discipline (Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or related subjects)
- Tax and / or Accountancy qualification is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which will allow you to write white papers on tax technical subjects
- Interested in technology with a demonstrable knowledge of software systems, in particular good working experience in Excel
- Experience in producing complex calculations or models in Excel would be an advantage and good demonstrations of strong excel skills
- Fluent English, knowledge of other languages, particularly French, Spanish, German or Italian, is desirable
- Organized and methodical approach to work, especially attention to detail
- The ability to work virtually with people in different locations including London, India, Australia
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You are a skillful user of Microsoft Excel, Access, XML
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top