WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The successful candidate will join the team responsible for the analyzing, researching, interpreting and documenting laws and regulations, extensive researching and analyzing of product exemptions, researching and responding to client inquiries, prioritizing, assessing risk for correspondence and assessments, updating documentation.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Tax Associate is responsible for researching, analyzing and documenting tax rules and laws applicable to ONESOURCE™ applications and offerings. The job includes updating and testing multiple tax data systems supporting indirect taxes.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Research, analyze, interpret and document tax laws and regulations.
- Monitor tax statutes, regulations, legislative activity, court decisions and publications to stay informed of changes in laws and regulations.
- Correspond with global, state and local tax authorities.
- Research and respond to client inquiries.
- Provide recommendations on complex tax and legal issues.
- Communicate complicated tax/legal issues in an understandable manner to non-tax/legal tax professionals.
- Tests all tax content changes made in database for quality assurance.
- Provide guidance to other departments regarding tax processes.
- Maintenance and accuracy of all applicable tax/legal information in content database, which includes entering content changes into all systems and applications.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- BA/BS or equivalent required. Advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving including ability to interpret, analyze and organize detailed legal material
- Demonstrated tax research and writing skills
- Ability to utilize online research tools (e.g. Checkpoint, Tax Analysts, WestLaw, etc.)
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write white papers or tax technical subjects
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to consistently meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advance software skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
- Ability to work and learn independently with minimal supervision
- Additional language skills preferred
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- Experience in Indirect tax
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities ;
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs;
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data;
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more;
- High standards of ethics in the workplace.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top