The Tax Analyst is responsible for research, configuration, ongoing maintenance and testing to ensure that ONESOURCE™ applications and offerings comply with Indirect tax rules and laws in complex and demanding tax jurisdictions.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Research, analyze, interpret and document tax laws and regulations to enable accurate tax determination in complex and demanding tax jurisdictions
- Monitor tax statutes, regulations, legislative activity, court decisions and publications on a continuous basis to stay informed of changes in laws and regulations
- Implement new content and content changes within applications; complete work within prescribed content deadlines
- Assist in determining the taxability of certain transactions and revenue types
- Design and execute test scenarios to ensure content accuracy and functionality
- Correspond with tax authorities to obtain content requirements
- Research, respond and resolve client issues in partnership with Customer Support
- Provide recommendations on complex tax and legal issues; communicate tax/legal issues in an understandable manner to non-tax/legal tax professionals
- Customer support
- Product management
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- 3+ years indirect tax experience; 2+ years tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. ONESOURCE™)
- Industry experience in wireless, telecom, cable or hardware.
- Experience managing the telecommunications technology category, including all types of telecom acquisitions, e.g., Wires, Wireless, Network, Radio, microwave, Fiber Optics, Satellites, VoIP, and the Internet
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving including ability to interpret, analyze and organize detailed legal material
- Demonstrated tax research and writing skills
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write white papers on tax technical subjects
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Intermediate to advance software skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
- Ability to work and learn independently with minimal supervision
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Experience working for a public accounting firm or corporate tax department
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Bachelor's Degree in Tax/Accounting/Finance is required
- CPA, JD, LLM, or MBA/Chartered Tax Adviser is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top