Talent Acquisition & Development Senior Manager
Thisrole has a major responsibility related to the full cycle of the TalentManagement in the company, since the recruiting and selection to thedevelopment process of the employee inside Thomson Reuters across theIbero-America Region.
Regarding Talent Acquisition initiatives, thisperson will be in charge to head up employment marketing initiatives,recruiting processes, branding campaigns, internal referral programs, anddevelop employee engagement metrics and retention programs. This Managerdevises strategy and recruitment process, as well as actual execution of thesourcing or recruiting campaign. And may be involved not only in finding andscreening candidates, but developing the corporate policy fortalent bench-marking, talent assessment, and interviewingpolicies.
Regarding Talent& Development initiatives, this is position will be in charge for shapingand leading the talent strategy andagenda for Thomson Reuters in IbAm. Working with the HR and business leaders,this position will lead the strategy and execution for all programmes,initiatives and policies related to talent and succession planning, highpotential identification and assessment, employee engagement, talent analytics,organizational transformation and change, leadership/management, developmentand performance management.
IbAm region is a fast paced and matrix environmentcomposed by 11 countries from South to North Latam and Spain. Therefore the TA& Development Senior Manager must know how to work in a complex,multicultural and changing environment, by dealing with different challenges,realities, levels of maturity and needs for each country. Flexibility andleadership are a must have for this role.
- Work with internal teams and hiring managers to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Assist with both external and internal hiring efforts (internal recruitment meaning assessment of employees for different or more senior roles.)
- Develop recruitment strategy. This may include job posting optimization, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, talent planning, etc…
- Identify and source appropriate talent for current open roles within the organization
- Identify future talent needs and proactively recruiting and sourcing; develop talent pool or social engagements.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Counsel the candidate on corporate benefits, salary, and corporate environment.
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers and HR professionals with hiring and employment data. May develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent development or retention.
- Use social media, job boards, Internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs.
- Develop college recruiting programs
- Manage and guide development of corporate employment resource
- Participate in employment events, such as career fairs
- Develop relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms and manage the procurement and measurement process.
- Define, manage and support global talent strategy across Latam and its alignment with regional growth plans
- Reinforce a cultural shift toward a more customer-focused, organic growth-oriented, and innovative organization
- Understand future workforce requirements and identify critical roles and key talent pools. Manage executive and high potential identification, flow, and retention to have strong executive succession and diverse pipelines of talent for key talent pools
- Manage and support talent initiatives across diverse businesses, geographies and functions. Ensure strategic alignment and ensure achievement of business priorities
- Cultivate a knowledge base for critical talent in Latam, with in-depth insights and information on strengths, development areas and experience that can be leveraged across the organization and enterprise
- Build capabilities and experiences critical to strategy execution and transformation, develop agile business executives and future leaders, and create an engaged workforce with access to the right learning and development at the right time
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to growing the global HR community in the area of talent
- Manage global talent & development projects and specific areas of talent development (e.g. 360-degree feedback / assessments, competency framework, learning programs, psychometrics, relationships with third party learning advisors.)
- Support ongoing change and transformation initiatives in Latam. Focus on increasing employee engagement and the diversity of our workforce across the company.
- Provide development support and coaching to the Leadership Teams.
- Monitor external trends and developments to identify those which would support the needs of the Latam business.
- 6 years of experience building and embedding talent acquisition and development programmes in matrixed, sophisticated organizations
- Deep understanding of leading innovative talent acquisition & development practices from both practical and academic fields
- Deep understanding and ability to identify and manage the specific talent acquisition & development challenges and requirements of a global growth business
- Advanced consulting skills with strong ability to influence executive stakeholders, create and communicate a strategy and plan
- Strong project management skills; adept in creating and executing project plans and managing successful project execution across businesses, geographies and disciplines
- People management skills; team building and leadership skills to achieve high performance from team
- Strong HR knowledge and demonstrated ability to deliver results exceeding expectations with clients and key stakeholders
- Customer and business acumen; demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Strong track record for delivering complex multi discipline change programs, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work in partnership with the entire HR community
- Superior communicator who possesses the ability to get things done within a highly matrixed organization
- Workday experience preferred; other systems experience also useful
- Previous experience working on global initiatives implemented successfully across business units and geographies
- Fluent English
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top