Systems Engineer - EMEA
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Systems Engineer - EMEA
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Perform installations, upgrades and maintenance on client owned and TR hosted instances of the tool. Out of hours and weekend work will be required from time to time to support our uptime SLAs
- Developing a thorough understanding of and applying the governance and security procedures surrounding the tool.
- Respond to support queries and troubleshooting requests relating to the installation and maintenance of the tool in a timely manner
- Developing an understanding of and supporting customers in the use of the Rest based system API
- Respond to security and deployment questionnaires from customers
- Working at a very detailed level on standalone projects and in reporting to clients
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Internet Information System (IIS)
- SQL Server experience
- Deep knowledge of managing applications in a Microsoft stack
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Rest based APIs and creation of connectors
- The ability to handle many assignments in a fast paced organization.
- Capable of learning, understanding, and communicating higher level technical information. Maintain a positive service attitude with the ability to understand and empathize with customer concerns.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven development experience, ideally in a .Net environment
- Working understanding of deployment platforms – SharePoint and SalesForce
- PowerShell and Windows Server knowledge
- Experience operating in the Azure, especially using the Web App model
- Logical thinker/problem solver who is self-motivated and a strong contributor within a team
- Fully competent in troubleshooting Microsoft Office application integration technology
- Apply individual discretion to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction and the business' success.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- 2:1 degree in either a technology or computer science area
- In-depth knowledge Microsoft Office integration technology
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top