WE ARE LOOKING FOR A COLLEAGUE
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Gdynia Systems Engineers team is responsible for performing product installations as well as troubleshooting assistance for clients across all European countries. We support Thomson Reuters desktop and server, transactions and market data products.
Systems Engineers are engineering experts who leverage innovative technologies to ensure global consistency of installation processes and faster product implementation.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
This team is part of the global team performing technical implementations of Thomson Reuters products all over the world. We work with world's largest financial institutions taking care of their critical transactions, market and data infrastructure. We have the opportunity to shape the way in which Thomson Reuters implements software and hardware on customer sites globally.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Perform product installations using global consistent methodologies
- Execute tasks outlined in project plans and Statement of Work (SOW) agreements with clients
- Drive potential product implementation issues to timely and successful resolution by minimizing and/or avoiding any client impact
- Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing
- Stage remotely Thomson Reuters, HP, Accedian, Juniper, Checkpoint, Bluecoat devices
- Maintain site documentation (Visio diagrams)
- Provide feedback to Quality Assurance/Development teams
- Provide technical training to both Client and internal peers
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Expert knowledge in key areas including operating systems, networking technologies, security standards
- Strong problem management and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external teams
- Understanding of project management principles
- Logical thinking/problem solving, self motivation and a strong contribution within a team
- Proficiency in English (knowledge of an additional language would be an advantage)
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You know Linux/Unix very well
- You have hands on experience with computer networks (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, routing)
- You can write scripts (e.g. Bash, Perl)
- You know IT security standards and best practices
- You are experienced in financial applications
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top