System Engineer (DevOps)
This position is one of the Data Center Infrastructure Services group in the Core Services team who is responsible for providing supporting services driven by REST APIs, Web Applications, and automation tools that enable infrastructure teams, delivery teams, or support teams to manage and deploy the configuration of these infrastructure services such as configuration management, hardware/software deployment, systems management, security, and access across Thomson Reuters data centers - consisting of tens of thousands of servers and other devices around the world at scale and automated fashion.
This position will partner with architecture teams, support teams, infrastructure teams, and delivery teams to act as a consultant to help gather requirements, design technical solutions using our standard services, develop, implement, deploy, and support for these supporting services in case of any event of service interruption.
We are looking a candidate who has experienced software development including REST APIs, Web APIs and Web applications, being familiar with DevOps, good professional communication, presentation, and strong technical and organizational leadership.
Required Skills for all SREs:
• Configure and administrate systems using either Windows or Linux.
• Design scalable systems and services, connecting distributed systems together using a broad range of skills and tools.
• Apply an evidence based approach to solving service problems in real time to provide the fastest path to recovery.
Software Engineering Skills:
• Object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and can create and follow coding practices and standards.
• Experience in an agile/lean development framework like Scrum.
• Automate software build and testing using tools like Jenkins that support test driven development.
• Design databases, and understand query optimization against them.
• Understand cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure and use their APIs and configuration tools.
Systems Engineering Skills:
• Write code to test systems, generate load, instrument, analyze, profile and discover system properties and attributes.
• Use configuration management (tools; puppet, chef or ansible) to expertly manage configuration at scale.
• Investigate system components discovering and removing performance bottlenecks and sources of unreliability.
• Apply the scientific method to system components to identify improvements to the configuration and design to improve reliability, performance and operability.
• Select, configure, analyze and tune [Network, Storage, Database, Web Applications, Application Containers, Message Queuing] systems.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Thailand without the company having to provide a work permit.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top