Support Associate I
Thomson Reuters was recently named Crain's "Coolest Place to Work" and one of Business Week's "Top 100 Global Brands."
What type of work will I do?
- Talk with tax practitioners from the major accounting firms and major corporations from all over the world - every day!
- Answer their questions on how to use our software
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Discuss complex issues with senior members of our staff
What will I learn?
- Through our training program and hands-on practice you will learn:
- How to troubleshoot software problems, data entry mistakes, printing issues, and system setup options
- Information about Windows operating systems
- Effective communication techniques for the business environment
- What it takes to be a successful member of our staff
What is the typical schedule for this position?
Our typical support hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm with 8-hour rotating shifts with occasional overtime during peak shifts.
What about the work environment? Here is how some of our recent hires describe it:
- Challenging and supportive, professional yet relaxed, fast-paced and inspiring
- All the employees are friendly, helpful and approachable
- Every day brings something new and there is help to guide and assist you when you need it
- The employees work hard to be the best at what they do, but they can also laugh and have fun
Fast facts about the position:
- You'll start comprehensive, paid training in our Carrollton office
- The learning curve is steep, and the pace is fast
- Many of our full time staff got their start in this program and built successful careers in Product Support, Sales, Product Development, Helpdesk, Technology Infrastructure and other areas of Thomson Reuters
- Casual dress, relaxed environment, and an onsite cafeteria await the appropriate candidates
- Associates degree required; a focus in accounting, finance, economics, or general business strongly preferred/desired
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work overtime with a varied work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Must have authorization to work in the US
- Motivated and enthusiastic to learn
- Desire to help others
- Able to work in our Carrollton, TX office
- Demonstrated success working in customer service is a plus
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we
advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible
when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why
you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top