YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
To provide the highest possible standard of customer support and technical assistance to Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Corporate customers in an effective and timely manner. To work across all products sold out of UK and supported by UK team.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Concisely and accurately log support request information, paying particular attention to problem description, resolution, user reaction and follow up action.
- Identify causes of and solve problems for customers within acceptable time standards
- Respond to enquiries from customers in relation to the installation, functionality and performance of supported products either verbally by telephone or in writing by email
- Take full accountability for customer enquiries and either respond personally or escalate to appropriate team and ensure that a response is provided and given to the customer in a timely manner
- Ensure, where appropriate, information gained from handling supports queries is promoted to our knowledge base and communicated to interested parties.
- Update knowledge base with known issues, tips and workarounds as required
- Maintain up to date product knowledge and acquire further knowledge of relevant supported products to facilitate the continued provision of quality guidance to customers.
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
Fluent in English and German
Excellent customer service/people skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - particularly over the telephone
Good software skills
Highly motivated and eager to learn
Team player and able to engage with internal stakeholders
Educated to degree level (or equivalent). Finance or technology-related subject preferred.
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
Knowledge of Tax and/or Accounting software
Accounting or Tax qualification
Customer facing/customer support role – ideally over the telephone in helpdesk environment
XML /coding experience
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
Flexibility and home-office opportunities
Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension (what), Multisport card and more
High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top