Sub-Editor, Picture Desk
The Beijing Pictures Desk is responsible for ensuring the quality,accuracy and speed of delivery of Reuters images from China to our clientsworldwide. The successful candidate for the job of Sub-editor on the BeijingPictures Desk will contribute to the daily picture file from China by workingwith the chief photographer to both assign and to pickup news, business, sport,and entertainment pictures.
- Gather images from around the China, research and edit both photos and photo captions quickly and accurately, in addition to responding to clients' requests.
- Maintain close operational links between pictures, text, video and on-line operations to guarantee integrated multimedia news coverage and production
- Help the chief photographer with assignments, payment of stringers and other office related work
- Minimum of twoyears of photography, editing and journalism experience
- Proficiency inMandarin essential
- Hours: Must bewilling to work shifts in this 24/7 environment when necessary
- Educationalrequirements: Mass communication / Journalism background would be an advantage.
- A strong commandof written and spoken English is essential
- Sound news and pictures judgment and an ability to spot breaking and feature stories from China
- Be up-to-date on current affairs and possessing a love for both news and news photography
- Must be fluent in both written Chinese and spoken Mandarin with a strong working grasp of English
- Highly competitive individual and team player with strong interpersonal skills while working under pressure.
- Competent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Must be willing to work on a rotating shift system, including overnight, weekend and occasional public holiday work when required
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top