Sub Editor - US
Location - Bangalore
Reuters is looking for a sub editor with exceptional rewriting skills and news judgment to help drive coverage of U.S. and Canadian companies from Bangalore. The successful candidate will be adept at performing quickly under pressure as he/she works with reporters to produce compelling stories that appeal both to professional clients who rely on Reuters to help make investment decisions and general readers who access Reuters news through Reuters.com and media outlets. Priority for interviews will be given to candidates who have at least three years experience editing business news for a major national newspaper, magazine or news agency but consideration will also be given to reporters with proven writing skills and copy editors who have demonstrated outstanding skill in handling non-business stories.
ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An eye for detail and ability to simplify and explain often-complex material are musts for this job
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
- A commitment to meet Reuters' standards for accuracy, speed, balance and clarity. The desk-editor will be expected to produce sharp headlines, punchy leads and overall lively writing while offering guidance and support to reporters by looking beyond the obvious, spotting trends, adding insight and coming up with suggestions for moving spot stories forward.
- The ability to interpret and use data effectively is essential.
- Edit stories to Reuters' high editorial and ethical standards, adhering to style, guidelines and policies laid out in the Reuters Operations Manual and Style Guide
- Ensure stories have the context and actionable content that clients need
- Job involves U.S. working hours, with regular overnight shifts
- Graduate/Post-graduate with at least 10 years of sub-editing or reporting experience
- A sound understanding of financial markets
- Strong writing and editing skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top