Sub Editor, Global Pictures Desk
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a new colleague
Sub Editor, Global Pictures Desk (permanent role)
Location: Gdynia, Poland
You and your team:
You will join our global team editing the news pictures service, mainly based at our centre in Gdynia, Poland. In your role you will contribute to the daily picture file.
Why is this job important?
Our Global Pictures Desk team ensures the quality, accuracy and speed of delivery of news pictures to our clients worldwide. We have a dynamic newsroom including video, text, and graphics journalists collaborating to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. And we are the first to know the news.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Using the skills we will teach and personal initiative you will gather images sent in from editors and photographers from around the globe.
- You will research and edit photos and photo captions, writing captions in English quickly and accurately so photos can be delivered to our global clients.
- You will maintain close operational links between pictures, text, video and on-line operations to guarantee integrated news coverage and production.
- You will edit live many major news, sport and entertainment events.
What do you need to bring?
- Fluent English
- A love for both news and news photography and be up-to-date on current affairs
- Sound news and pictures judgment and an ability to spot a breaking story
- Strong interpersonal skills while working under time pressure, being a highly competitive individual and team player
- You must be willing to work on a 24/7 rotating shift system, including weekends and public holiday, with occasional night shifts.
You will be even more competitive if:
- You have English language studies, Mass communication / Journalism
- You have experience and/or general interest in photography and/or journalism
- You have competent working knowledge of Apple computers and Adobe Photoshop
- You are familiar with Microsoft office suite.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top