Strategic Trainer - In House (FTC - Maternity Cover)
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation connects our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Strategic Trainer - In House (FTC - Maternity Cover)
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To plan, organise and deliver training and support to customers of Thomson Reuters UKI Legal online products (predominantly Westlaw UK) within our customer base, with the ultimate objective of driving product usage, brand preference and ensuring customer retention.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To deliver training on products and services to new and current customers within the UK
- To deliver training and support to customers in response to identified low product usage, working with the Customer Training & Support team and Account Managers as necessary to analyse red flag reports and quarterly usage reports
- To employ a variety of training methodologies to meet customer requirements, ensuring a blended learning mix as appropriate (on site, webex, telephone etc)
- To assist in pre-sales demonstrations of products and services to customers where there is a potential high-value sale
- To work with Marketing to develop customised training materials for existing customers as required in response to user problems or low usage
- To provide feedback on training and customer perceptions to relevant colleagues in a timely, including the mandatory population of business systems with appropriate information
- Participate in other training events as necessary including exhibitions, trade shows and customer events
- To be responsible for maintaining self-knowledge of products, services, market conditions and other issues that will inform the development of effective training programme
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in either a training or sales role
- Willingness to travel extensively in the UK as required to undertake on-site training with customers, including overnight stays
- Work from home position with time spent in main office as specified and/or required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of the legal market an advantage
- Knowledge of a variety of training methodologies (including remote and elearning) desirable
- Educated to degree level desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top