Strategic Sales Representative – Legal Market
Strategic Sales Representative - Legal Market
Location: Remote, Western Canada (Alberta, British Columbia)
To position Thomson Reuters as the solution of choice for mid-sized legal firms in Western Canada. The individual will own client relationships in these strategic firms and through strong business development, prospecting, account management and negotiation skills, will secure and protect all existing revenue streams while finding new ones to continue to grow overall account revenue.
This position is responsible for:
- growing revenue and protecting existing revenue streams: through strong account management skills matched with product knowledge, uncovering new revenue opportunities to grow firm's annual revenue commitments to Thomson Reuters;
- prospecting to identify new opportunities for Thomson Reuters on-line solutions (existing and new customers) based on an activity based sales effectiveness;
- creating and implementing plans for the effective coverage of assigned territory;
- managing a sales opportunity system to forecast sales;
- preparing and tracking the effectiveness of account plans;
- working collaboratively with cross functional teams that support sales efforts;
- building relationships with, and knowledge of, existing customers in support of customer retention strategies;
- reporting weekly/monthly on all sales activity, market trends, competitor information, etc.; and
- managing a personal expense budget.
You will be a strong team layer and will possess:
- a university degree (business or professional) or equivalent business experience;
- a minimum of 3 years of field territory, sales experience;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- analytical and problem solving abilities;
- superb presentation and negotiation skills; and
- a valid driver's license is required.
Knowledge of the legal marketplace and/or enterprise software and a professional designation (an LL.B) will be considered an asset.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top