Sr. Vulnerability Management Security Analyst - Eagan
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
In this role youwill have a strong acumen for vulnerability management in the dynamicinfrastructure scanning space.You will need to be familiar with multiple technology stacks, patch management, and securityscanning tools such as Qualys, Nessus, Rapid7, etc.
Major areas ofaccountability
- Executes and coordinates IT Vulnerability management efforts across Thomson Reuters, based on industry standards, best practices, and established policies.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments against core internal and external infrastructure and report on status, priority remediation actions and other measures required to maintain adequate security.
- Optimizes and ensures the continued and effective operation of information security controls of vulnerability management, risk management and compliance
- Evaluates remediation plans and provides consultative support with implementation of remediation steps, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborates to promote implementation of security best practices and policies within existing systems and new products/systems.
- Works with business partners and infrastructure management to ensure that policies and standards address the security requirements of the business.
- Assists with establishing metrics and monitors accordingly to report the effectiveness and efficiency of the Vulnerability management program.
- Understands and considers industry trends, customer needs, business risk tolerance, and business environments relating to information security.
- Understands and communicates potential vulnerabilities, and control techniques
- Contributes to and maintains documented policies, standards, and procedures for vulnerability management requirements.
- Actively researches and analyses current IT security trends, methodologies, issues, technologies, and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in delivering or leading information security services, including experience in vulnerability management
- Strong technical knowledge and experience required in areas of vulnerability assessment, risk based analysis and vulnerability mitigation.
- Good knowledge of network technologies such as TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, routing and switching.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following platforms in an enterprise environment - Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Linux.
- Preferred experience with solutions by Qualys (or other infrastructure scanning tools).
- Ability to understand and weigh business risks and communicate appropriate information security measures.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Dedicated to achieving project schedules and milestones.
- Ability to work in a team environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.
- Strong personality, able to quickly build positive relationships within the own team and internal clients at remote sites.
Thomson Reutersprovides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertisethey need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial andrisk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions thatmatter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At ThomsonReuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work,inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, webelieve in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developingthrough challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees inmore than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realizeinnovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition tomake a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a globalbusiness we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals.To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in ouroperations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, includingpregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexualorientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status,or any other protected classification under country or local law. ThomsonReuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing adrug-free workplace.
Intrigued by achallenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn moreabout what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More informationabout Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top