Sr User Experience Architect
As a Senior Information Architect / Senior User Experience Designer, you will define and create innovative online experiences for market-leading legal research and practice management applications. This role will suit a creative problem solver, looking to work with a talented team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Collaborate with User Experience team to design elegant user interfaces and rich user experiences
- Interact with and provide wireframes and direction to technology and product development teams
- Influence and cooperate with other departments to ensure consistency and quality across the platform
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Information Science, Information Design, Human-Computer Interaction or another related field
- 5 years experience as an information architect, user experience designer, or interaction designer
- Strong portfolio of work
- Significant experience developing interface mockups, annotated wireframes, and design specifications
- History of defining application functionality and creating interfaces in the absence of business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to document complex designs
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Significant experience documenting user interfaces with Visio or similar tools
- Solid understanding of principles of information organization and user interface design
- Thorough understanding of established user interface standards as well as cutting-edge design conventions and interactions
- Knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, color use, animation, composition, use of space, distribution of information, etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Visual design experience
- Prototyping skills
- Experience designing for iOS and other mobile platforms
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top