Sr. UI Developer - ANGULAR.js
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing product enhancements, redesign of existing product functions, trouble-shooting and resolving product defects, unit and integration testing. You will be expected to contribute to the architectural direction of new and existing applications. You will be part of new technology and process evaluations. Active interaction with internal customers, other developers, Quality Assurance, Business System Analysts, Tax Research, Professional Services, and Customer Support counterparts is an integral part of the role.
Some of the key tasks you will perform include:
- Translate agile software development stories into reusable, composable units of functionality
- Establish and implement best practices and standards for all web presentation layer development
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Expertise developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms, etc.
- Deliver high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software; contribute technically to projects
- Assisting in Quality Assurance process and customer issue resolution
- Partnering with Quality Assurance to drive high-quality, on-time deliverables
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting web applications
- Experience with full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies Angular JS, Google Analytics, D3, Bootstrap, Google Web Toolkit, Wijmo 5 FlexGrid.
- Experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, and dependency management (e.g. Yeoman, Bower, npm, grunt)
- Experience integrating REST web services with UI
- Experience with package managers such as npm, and bower for managing dependencies
- Experience with Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies
Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
- Familiarity with CSS pre-compilers (LESS, SASS)
- Familiarity with JS pre-compiler (Coffeescript)
- Version control systems (SVN/GIT) experience
- Experience with Photoshop
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Performance testing, analysis, and tuning experience
Other specialized knowledge and skills required:
- Proven strong analytical design and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Drive for continuous process improvement
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top