Sr Technical Analyst
The Senior Technical Analyst is a motivated, self-driven, and naturally inquisitive problem solver who loves building and supporting solutions that leverage the latest technologies. This position requires an individual fully comfortable with the Microsoft computing platform, including Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, SFTP, IIS, and MS-SQL. Additional requirements are operational experience supporting and administering cloud based and hosted solutions leveraging AWS and Azure, as well as traditional data center environments. Individuals in this role are also comfortable supporting production "always on" internet online services environments. Strong experience with a broad range of Enterprise-class services, such as Business Continuity, Recovery Processes, software deployment, storage, backup, and monitoring solutions such as cloud watch is required.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader among their peers, and has a reputation as the "go-to" person for questions about new technologies or guidance during business-critical situations. They possess a good mix of technical and "soft" skills which makes for a key resource on global enterprise projects. Successful candidates in this role tear-down silos between teams, promoting open and free communication between peers and those in different groups. Candidates have over five years of progressive working experience, building and supporting enterprise-class technical and cloud based solutions. Microsoft and AWS certifications greatly desired.
- Build, maintain, and tune Windows Server infrastructure (on-premises and cloud) with emphasis on systems performance, high availability, security, and technology integration.
- Collaborate with Dev Ops teams building AWS and Azure environments to transition into Cust Ops production environments.
- Create, maintain, and document standards and procedures for hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Gather requirements, evaluate, present, implement, integrate, and document solutions for new business initiatives.
- Assist in planning and executing plans for software deployment for business-critical production environments
- Monitor environment performance and capacity, forecast system demands, and recommend upgrades, expansions, and reconfigurations for bothj traditional and cloud based solutions.
- Perform software installations, patching, and upgrades to operating systems and third-party software applications.
- Troubleshoot system problems and take appropriate corrective action to include interacting with team members or vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- Maintain technical competency through self-guided study, structured training, and attendance at technical seminars and forums.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide support and troubleshooting assistance 24x7x365
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, relevant technical certification, or related professional work experience.
- Five to Seven years' experience in Enterprise-class systems operations and support.
- Operational experience in production Cloud and Application Hosted solutions
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS, Azure, Active Directory, IIS, MS-SQL, DNS, STMP, and FTP.
- Methodical and insightful troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to express complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Motivated self-starter, reliable, dedicated, with scheduling flexibility.
- Travel may be required at supervisor's discretion
- Expertise with system and performance monitoring tools (AWS Cloud Watch, Azure Monitor, AppDynamics).
- Development skills in HTML or C#
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top