Sr. Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator is a motivated, self-driven, and naturally inquisitive problem solver who loves building and supporting solutions that leverage the latest technologies. This position requires an individual fully comfortable with the Microsoft computing platform, including Windows Server, Azure, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, SFTP, IIS, and MS-SQL. Individuals in this role are also comfortable utilizing and supporting VMWare virtualization technologies and operating in a highly secured environment. Strong familiarity with a broad range of Enterprise-class services, such as message queueing, storage, anti-virus, backup, and monitoring solutions is desired.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader among their peers, and has a reputation as the "go-to" person for questions about new technologies or guidance during business-critical situations. They possess a good mix of technical and "soft" skills which makes for a key resource on global enterprise projects. Successful candidates in this role tear-down silos between teams, promoting open and free communication between peers and those in different groups. Candidates have over five years of progressive working experience, building and supporting enterprise-class technical solutions.
- Build, maintain, and tune Windows Server infrastructure (on-premises and cloud) with emphasis on systems performance, high availability, security, and technology integration.
- Collaborate with teams building Azure Infrastructure-As-Code (TFS/GIT).
- Configure and administer a wide array of on-premise, IaaS, and SaaS-based enterprise solutions including storage, telemetry, message queueing, and search.
- Automate common or complex tasks via scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, Python etc...)
- Create, maintain, and document standards and procedures for hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Gather requirements, evaluate, present, implement, integrate, and document solutions for new business initiatives.
- Assist in planning and executing plans for disaster recovery, information security, and business continuity.
- Monitor environment performance and capacity, forecast system demands, and recommend upgrades, expansions, and reconfigurations.
- Perform software installations, patching, and upgrades to operating systems and third-party software applications.
- Troubleshoot system problems and take appropriate corrective action to include interacting with team members or vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- Maintain technical competency through self-guided study, structured training, and attendance at technical seminars and forums.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide support and troubleshooting assistance 24x7x365.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, relevant technical certification, or related professional work experience.
- Five to Seven years' experience in Windows systems operations and support.
- Fundamental knowledge of Azure, Active Directory, IIS, MS-SQL, DNS, PKI, STMP, and FTP.
- Methodical and insightful troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to express complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Motivated self-starter, reliable, dedicated, with scheduling flexibility.
- Experience building Infrastructure-As-Code.
- Expertise with system and performance monitoring tools (Azure Monitor, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Log Analytics).
- Highly experienced using at least one scripting language (PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc...).
- Development skills in Java or C#
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 - 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top