Sr. Software Engineer,TFS Administrator (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Enterprise Tools Engineering (ETE) is a new centralized team within Thomson Reuters that was created to define and manage a standard tool-set with a strategic focus on cloud, security, automation, and the software development life cycle that can be leveraged across the entire Thomson Reuters enterprise. Within ETE, the TFS Administrators group is responsible for the administration and support of multiple large-scale instances of Microsoft Team Foundation Server, including production and pre-production implementations. Team Foundation Server is integral to the development and delivery of many critical, revenue-generating applications and is utilized by thousands of TR employees across the globe.
As a member of the TFS Administration team, you will ensure that planning, development and operational needs are met through the evaluation and implementation of internal user requests, TFS system configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades. The position also collaborates with many internal development, support, and service organizations in order to ensure solutions are consistent and align with internal standards and best practices.
- You'll work as part of a high-performing team ensuring high availability of critical Team Foundation Server environments. In this role, you will:
- Provide Administration of more than 40 TFS servers
- Perform TFS and SharePoint upgrades
- Investigate and resolve issues impacting TFS availability and functionality
- Evaluate and implement customizations including TFS Work Item Tracking and Reports
- Manage TFS security/permissions
- Monitor TFS system health, including performance and growth metrics
- Create tools, process, and documentation to educate users and extend the functionality of TFS
- Provide guidance and direction for other staff within and outside the TFS Administration team
- Collaborate with experts across all different backgrounds and perspectives, constantly growing your own knowledge base while bringing your ideas to others.
- Flexibility to provide off-hours support when needed (1-3 weekends per year)
The TFS Administration team is a global team with members in Eagan, MN and Bangalore, India. As a member of this team you will partner with and support teams around the world.
You are an experienced software engineer with expertise in TFS Administration and a proven ability to deliver high-quality solutions on time. You are a highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team. You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated focus on the customer.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4 years prior experience administering and configuring Team Foundation Server to include:
- Administration of Team Foundation Server 2013 or newer
- Experience successfully implementing enterprise-scale TFS upgrade
- Ability to successfully manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in global teams
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, complex, changing environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrated capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes
- Prior experience in customer or operational support role
Having the following experience is a plus:
- SQL Server 2012 or newer, including SSRS, SSAS, SSMS
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services
- Windows Powershell or other scripting language
- SharePoint 2013 or newer
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top