Sr Software Engineer, Identity Management
The Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) group is seeking a high-energy, motivated full-stack software engineer to join our newly formed software organization tasked with delivering innovative software products to improve the security posture of Thomson Reuters.
In this role you will work with the ISRM Identity & Access Management team on the transformation of TR's IAM ecosystem. You will develop solutions that provide a simple user experience for the migration of user identities across active directory, SSO, and identity governance technologies. You will also be responsible for building automation throughout our IAM ecosystem and instilling modern software engineering and deployment techniques across the ecosystem to ensure our services are highly available and cloud friendly.
- Work within an Agile team to design, build, and deploy high quality software products for the ISRM IAM org
- Own the design and development of applications and integrations
- Act as an advisor across the Identity & Access Management team for modern software development and deployment in the cloud.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features across our product suite
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and contribute ideas to continuous improvements that can be made across the team
- Work with product owners to understand product vision and requirements
- Act as an advocate/advisor for modern software engineering and cloud best practices across our peer organizations
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile, secure coding, scalability, refactoring, code review, and testing techniques
- 3+ years' software development experience with multiple programming languages such as Go, Python, or Node.js
- Experience developing solutions on AWS or other IaaS/PaaS cloud providers
- Experience with Agile software development practices and Git version control system
- Ability to pick up new technologies and languages quickly as projects require
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good personal communication skills are vital
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline technologies (e.g. Jenkins, CodePipeline)
- Experience with configuration management & infrastructure as code technologies (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, SaltStack, etc...)
- 2+ years' experience with API development
- Past experience with working with information security teams and technologies
- Experience in a large-scale and highly availability critical system implementations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top