Sr. Software Engineer
Are you energetic about using cloud/web technologies, open-source frameworks, and cutting-edge tools in a dynamic environment? Then we want you on our next-generation legal product development team at Thomson Reuters!
Thomson Reuters Technology team in Eagan, MN is looking for a highly-motivated engineer who is passionate about delivering products to our customers. Our Technology team works in an innovative and fast-paced environment, building large-scale systems and solutions for attorneys and customers in the Litigation and Transaction practice areas. We seek a results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated senior software engineer.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Estimate, design, code, and test applications consistent with internal development processes.
- Work in an Agile, test-driven development environment, with a team of 8-12 peers.
- Work independently and proactively, taking ownership of problems.
- Account for the quality and timeliness of own work.
- Proven team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Experience with AWS/Cloud services and hybrid cloud ecosystems including Spinnaker, Zuul, and Bastion. Preferable experience in elasticache and redis.
- Experience with Jenkins or a similar continuous integration tool.
- Experience with non-SQL data access technologies, particularly Elastic. Preference for experience with GraphQL or other non-SQL data query technologies.
- Experience with unit testing tools: JUnit and Karma.
- Experience with Gradle.
- Expert experience in one or more traditional programming languages (preferably Java), software engineering methodologies, and software development tools.
- Experience with visualization frameworks such as D3.js and/or charting products such as Highcharts preferred.
- Domain knowledge in the legal ecosystem a plus.
- Preference for a high-level understanding of Hadoop and other "big data" technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Computer science degree preferred.
- 3 years of full-time web development experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top