Sr. Software Engineer - Center for AI & Cognitive Computing
Come join a team of creative and innovative software developers dedicated to working on leading-edge problems with research scientists. You and your team will collaborate to create the next generation of legal, tax, and news products powered by Artificial Intelligence that will help our customers find the answers they are looking for.
The Centre for AI & Cognitive Computing is dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine learning to simplify and transform knowledge work. We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to join our growing team of software developers and research scientists in Toronto.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to use exceptional Java development skills, and learn and grow in areas like information processing, big data, search engines, cloud technologies, and natural language processing.
Thomson Reuters is at the forefront of development of technology that will revolutionize how people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, tax, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most.
- Participate in software design and development using a modern Java technology stack
- Use Java to create large scale data processing pipelines to help researchers build and train novel machine learning algorithms.
- Work closely with researchers as part of experiments. Help identify solutions, develop custom software, process data, run experiments, and document results.
- Implement algorithms and develop high performing scalable Java systems in the context of large online delivery environments.
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 3 years of application and web service development.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and development using Java.
- Proficiency in Java development frameworks.
- Consistent record of being results-oriented and capable of working successfully in a dynamic environment often involving quick analysis and decision making.
Desired Skills or Experience:
- Experience with large-scale, real-time data processing systems.
- Experience with cloud computing, unix-based environments and additional languages - such as Python
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning
- Experience mentoring junior software developers
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate their Java coding capabilities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top