Sr. Software Engineer - Center for AI & Cognitive Computing
Come join a team of creative and innovative software developers dedicated to working on leading-edge problems with research scientists and engineers. You and your team will collaborate to create the next generation of products powered by Artificial Intelligence that will help our customers find the answers they are looking for.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to use exceptional development skills, and learn and grow in technologies like Big Data, search engines, recommendation systems and machine learning.
Thomson Reuters is at the forefront of development of technology that will revolutionize how people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines. The Centre for Cognitive Computing is a newly-formed branch of Thomson Reuters Research & Development dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine perception, reasoning, knowledge management and human-computer interfaces. We are partnering with companies like IBM and using technologies like Watson™ to build novel solutions for our millions of customers. Thomson Reuters provides authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual to join our growing team of scientists, architects and engineers in Toronto. You will be part of a team who will build ground-breaking solutions and making significant advancements to products across Thomson Reuters that empower our customers with critical answers.
- Participate in software design and development using a modern Java and web technology stack. Implement algorithms and develop systems for information retrieval, machine learning information extraction, text processing, or related areas in the context of large online delivery environments.
- Work closely with researchers as part of experiments. Help identify solutions, develop custom software, process data, run experiments, and capture and document results.
- Continuously develop new software development skills and contribute to the innovation that is this group's primary mission.
- Mentor and guide junior software engineers.
- Effectively interact with external groups as part of integrated project teams.
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 3 years of application and web service development.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and development using Java.
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
- Consistent record of being solution and results-oriented, executing successfully, and capable of working in a dynamic environment often involving quick analysis and decision making.
Desired Skills or Experience:
- Proficiency in Java development frameworks.
- Experience with large-scale, real-time data processing systems.
- Experience with Agile or similar development methodologies
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies: text processing, natural language processing, machine learning, information retrieval, information extraction, document classification, summarization, and named entity extraction and resolution.
Candidates will be expected to be able to demonstrate their coding capabilities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top