Sr Software Engineer
Position Overview & Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work on major technical projects.
- Support software developments with holistic approach.
- Lead the implementation of agreed upon technical solutions.
- Serve as a technical contact on projects as assigned.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues at the team level.
- Troubleshoot/Recover from incidents using internal and external resources.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in post mortem process for problems as appropriate.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Stay current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
- 5+ years related work experience in Software Development.
- Deep, proven knowledge of .NET, C#, HTML5, Angular JS & WebAPI's.
- Working knowledge of MVC, SQL Server/Oracle & PostgreSQL
- Prefer experience on desgining/writing UI unit tests.
- Experience/Knowledge in Micro Services & SOA patterns is good to have.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Root Cause Analysis
- Code optimizations & Performance tuning skills.
- Breakdown project objectives into manageable technical tasks, further detailing into procedures/commands.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top