Sr. Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer in Reporting and Analytics, you will have an opportunity to lead all phases of solution development/enhancement in support of the Thomson Reuters Corporate Finance organization.
A successful candidate will have exceptional technical skills, excellent problem solving skills, an understanding of web server/database architecture, the ability to effectively work in a team as well as work alone, and the ability to directly interface with end-users to solve business problems.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- End-to-end responsibility for solutions managed in this role
- Deliver solutions to meet customer needs
- Provide end user support
- Develop robust test plans and perform system testing and application debugging
- Develop, maintain and enhance in-house revenue management and implementation systems (ASP.NET Webforms, .NET/SQL Server)
- Maintain and enhance contract management application (Salesforce.com solution)
- Perform code reviews to enforce code standards
- Manage code and changes in a team environment including experience with source/version control utilities
- Facilitate, gather and document business user requirements for development projects
- Provide technology solutions to support analysis and reporting efficiency projects
- Support and develop Finance intranet websites and Financial Systems applications
- Suggest technical alternatives and improve/streamline processes and systems
- Develop and implement coding standards, security protocols and maintain overall responsibility of technical systems in line with Thomson Reuters technical standards
- Work with other team members effectively and with minimal supervision
- BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years overall software engineering experience
- 3+ years of database development experience (Access, SQL Server, SSIS)
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong web development experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com (APEX, System Administration and Workflow Management)
- Source/version control utilities
- Creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills and critical thinking
- Ability to communicate and work directly with business users
- Strong communication skills
- Finance experience/exposure a plus
- APTTUS contract management experience a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top