Sr. Software Engineer
- McLean, VA
Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to help customers achieve mission objectives, address uncertainty, and identify and manage risk. We leverage Thomson Reuters' market-leading solutions to help our clients perform intelligence collection and analysis on cyber security, supply chain risk, insider threat detection, and risk management issues.
As a Software Engineer on the TRSS team, you will be working on projects that support and extend the full stack of the TRSS solutions suite to deliver global data using advanced search, big data ingestion and analytical processing using tools like MongoDB, Elastic, and Kafka as well as building leading edge web applications. You will work closely with the other members of the TRSS analytical staff and development to capture customer requirements and design new solutions. This role requires a polyglot engineer who is comfortable with data-intensive systems as well as some frontend UI development. You will be working with an extensive codebase, but this role is a great opportunity to engage in new development.
- You will be part of the specialized TRSS development team and will design implement and deliver software solutions and data science efforts, as well as enhance and support existing applications.
- You will engage the TRSS analytical staff to gather requirements, generate ideas, and develop documentation.
- You will demo new software solutions as needed.
- You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
- You will be expected to own your work and be passionate about the success of the customer.
- Must have, or, be able to acquire and maintain, a US Government Security Clearance
- Proficient in multiple languages programming languages (particularly interested in JVM languages like Java, Scala, Groovy), python
- Strong engineering skills with relevant experience a must
- AWS experience desired
- A good understanding of distributed computing concepts
- Experience with Kafka preferred
- Experience with Redis preferred
- Experience with Restful web services using JSON and XML
- Big Data analytics experience preferred especially with ETL and data wrangling
- Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and ElasticSearch preferred.
- NoSQL DB experience desired especially MongoDB
- Unix/Linux experience preferred
- Must be a passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Must possess a strong personal work ethic
- Must be of strong moral and ethical character
- Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic requirements.
- Must be able to work alone and on an Agile team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top