Sr Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly-motivated, results-driven engineer who is passionate about developing the next-generation application to transform the legal industry. Our Technology team works in an innovative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment, building large-scale systems and solutions for attorneys and customers in the Corporate, Governance & Practice Solutions business segment.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and unit and integration testing software components to meet our customer needs. Active interaction with internal customers, other developers, Quality Assurance, and Business Owners is an integral part of the role to ensure the software implementation meets the agreed upon specification and architecture design. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and handling multiple projects is required.
- Design, develop and deliver software on cutting edge and growing platforms in C# and ASP.NET
- Learn continuously, develop software using industry and company best practices.
- Participate in iteration planning sessions to understand customer requirements, provide design options for coding and testing, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Collaborate with team members, architects, and business owners to ensure software is built to meet our customers' needs.
- Facilitate and fulfill tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews and paired programming, Test Driven Development, daily stand up meetings)
- Mentor less senior personnel
- Discover new technologies and techniques and adapt to dynamic business requirements
- Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
- Escalate issues or risks at iteration level.
- C#/.NET, ASP.NET MVC 3, MS Visual Studio
- CSS, DHTML/XHTML/HTML5, XML
- Web Services , REST, SOAP, JSON
- SQL (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Oracle Coherence
- MS Unity
- MS Team Foundation Server & Team Build
- Third Party test tools, including: MS Test, , Moq, QUnit
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years software development experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on complex issues setting own direction within team to research and resolve complex issues and share findings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Significant knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, management, and business team members)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top