Sr. SFDC Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Enterprise Business Systems
The Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization owns the strategy, delivery and support of internal business platforms. These include Marketing, Selling, Fulfilment, Billing and Collections, and Service & Support. EBS works closely with business executives and other senior leaders to define and execute a global EBS plan. We are focused on maximizing efficiencies through standardization and work to harmonize processes, culture and information to support business objectives.
The EBS Business Analyst role bridges the gap between business and technology by possessing a strong understanding of both domains. They engage with stakeholders to understand desired outcomes and elicit requirements, translating them into functionality that can be implemented by EBS. They achieve this using knowledge of existing business environment and process, strategic business goals, and technology capability, combining these with architectural strategy, in order to formulate proposed change.
In this position, you will operate as a Senior Business Analyst role with a focus on providing support in the in the areas of SFDC and broader CRM.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Elicit business outcomes and requirements, translating these into functional requirements for technical teams to build and implement system solution.
- Continually verify requirements individually and collectively through the project life cycle, writing formal specifications, use cases, process workflow, communicating such documentation with stakeholders and technology teams. Ensure scope and change management processes are followed.
- Partner with business sponsors to effectively identify a desired future state that addresses the business problem. Understand business outcomes in the context of requirements and accurately screen and compare requirements based on how well they satisfy business objectives.
- Allow flexibility between automation and processes. Use Business Process Mapping (BPM) to create a road map for automation of processes and identifies new solutions to improve team effectiveness.
- Coordinates analysis and alignment of stakeholder's requirements and facilitates requirements prioritization, ultimately advising business stakeholders on implementation options by collaborating with solution delivery teams – Developers, Architects, Project Managers, and Quality Assurance.
- Builds a trusted relationship with stakeholders, becoming an advocate for their needs, and being proactive in developing a strong understanding of their business environment, strategies and goals.
- Builds a trusted relationship with technical teams, becoming an advocate for impact to their domain, understanding delivery road maps, identifying dependencies between initiatives and negotiating change to meet business outcomes.
- Maintaining the company culture, acting responsibly, ethically and operates with diversity in all actions.
- Assists testing teams in the translation of requirements into test cases and ensures application architecture and systems functionality meets business requirements.
- Develops an awareness of the Thomson Reuters Company and its products and services.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive awareness and understanding of all technologies enabling the business processes supported by the Business Analysts team with a specific focus on SFDC CRM.
Scope and Impact
- Coordinates small/medium projects or components of large projects often with competing priorities.
- Exercises judgment in executing within defined procedures and practices.
- Operates with little instruction on day-to-day complex work with some technical or managerial guidance.
- Acts as an escalation point for functional teams or business units.
- Identifies and participates in implementing changes to existing processes to improve delivery of BA services and procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technology business analyst role
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognizable institution such as IIBA, is a plus
- Experience with the Salesforce.com CRM solutions and supporting front office systems (Sales, Marketing, Call Center). Exposure/hands on experience with a variety of CRM technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (i.e. requirements definition through testing/implementation)
- Core competency in business analysis, through experience in multiple, large-scale projects
- Strong background in engineering, process data management, or service management in a medium size complex technology environment.
- Experience in complex analysis of processes, requirements and tools
- Experience facilitating input gathering from subject matter experts.
- Experience working on a large scale projects/programme implementing software and process solutions
- Experience in 1 or more software delivery methodologies and process mapping and modeling
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- Strong project management skills, and understanding of solution architecture
- Focusing on Customers
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Driving Results
- Championing Innovation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top