Sr. Project Manager – Process Excellence
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER –PROCESS EXCELLENCE
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The key business priorities for the company are as follows:
- Transform from a portfolio company to an enterprise model and realize more benefits from simplification and greater scale
- Shift our growth focus toward organic initiatives (rather than acquisitions), with greater emphasis on innovation and investing organically in high-growth opportunities and
- Deliver strong and consistent cash flow, enabling us to reinvest in our growth businesses while returning capital to our shareholders both through dividends and share repurchases
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The purpose of the Process Excellence Master Black Belt is to identify and define scope and goals of process improvement projects, build the improvement team, train the improvement team in six sigma methods, and coach the improvement team towards project success.
The role also offers internal consultancy on process improvement and measurement.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Lead process improvement projects as assigned by Manager where six sigma/process excellence approaches is required.
- Deliver and complete (either directly leading or coaching the leaders of projects) high impact projects that results in savings and process improvement to Thomson Reuters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and analyzing data to identify projects of strategic importance to the business.
- Prioritize projects and seeking approval for launch.
- Work with stakeholders to identify suitable candidates to lead and staff the project team.
- Train the project team in six sigma techniques (in a classroom setting or within a just-in-time environment).
- Coach the project team towards project success.
- Work with the Six Sigma Master Back Belt to receive guidance and instructions for the projects within portfolio.
- Prepare the project teams for the various reviews including the final business and technical reviews.
- Coach the project team in preparing communication documents for the project.
- Coordinate with finance and the project team to verify the financial savings and opportunities from the project.
- Share with Black Belts in other functions to transfer/translate knowledge.
- Act as an internal process improvement consultant.
- Assist in the development of the overall system for the successful implementation of a six sigma program including: project selection, project communication processes, program performance reporting, training of Green Belts and new Black Belts, etc.
- Act as an internal consultant in process improvement and measurement approaches.
- Manages projects of higher complexity and geographical diversity.
- Responsible for developing Project Savings Targets.
- Responsible for leading and developing the six sigma team under his or her coaching guidance.
- Typically, a Black Belt at this level will coach between 7 to 15 project teams in a year, each team comprising of up to 20 staff that are active in the project at various phases of the project.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Postgraduate with 12 years of diverse experience and Is a certified Black Belt
- Has demonstrated proficiency at achieving results through the application of six sigma approach, has delivered more than 2 Black Belt level projects, and coached more than 5 Green Belt projects as a minimum.
- Has demonstrated BB knowledge through passing BB exams.
- Has expert knowledge of Excel and Minitab (statistical software tool) with experience of analyzing complex data using advanced statistical methods.
- Has excellent presentation skills with particular experience in simplifying complex processes and statistical analyses for senior management consumption.
Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
Flexibility and home-office opportunities
Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top