Sr. Program Manager
Sr. Program Manager
Location: Can work remotely within the continental United States
Leadership – possess strong leadership skills, along with ability to research, analyze, and recommend best practices
Planning – ability to develop a clear and detailed plan
Presentation – possess strong presentation skills and presence
Problem Solving – excellent problem solving skills and be able to think quickly and adeptly about how to address problems as they come up
Interpersonal Skills – requires advanced interpersonal skills. Must be able to relate to others, to dictate responsibilities, to offer constructive feedback, and to support and encourage others.
Multi-tasking – Because the program manager has to keep track of so many different things at once, it is important to be able to multi-task. Tracking includes spending, budgets, work efficiency, project status across departments, and more.
Project Management – Successful administration of project management framework, processes, and tools
- Plan the implementation of the overall KS business system deliverables and related activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Work with business leaders to develop new business system initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Work with business leaders and operations management to implement long-term goals and objectives that drive a successful outcome for the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels across Thomson Reuters
- Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Staff the program
- Engage business champions for appropriate program activities using established business champion management practices
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the program
- Manage the program
- Prepare and present periodic program updates to senior management
- Ensure all business champions receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program business champions by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure effective and efficient program delivery
- Assist in managing enterprise level resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Control the program
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures staying within approved budget
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the VP of Customer Operations and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in a related subject
- Professional designation
- PMP preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Large Project Management experience
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top