Sr. Paid Media Manager
Sr. Paid Media Manager
The Sr. Paid Media Manager is responsible for managing the Paid Media strategy and oversees the day-to-day execution of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising on major search engines (Google, Bing); display, remarketing, and 3rd party review websites, for Thomson Reuters Legal. The Sr. Paid Media Manager will collaborate with their Digital Marketing Managers and marketing stakeholders to align paid media objectives with business opportunity. The focus of this role will be to optimize and manage paid media campaigns, resulting in more efficient campaigns, higher quality traffic, and more conversions (online revenue and closed sales) throughout the funnel and across the digital customer journey.
- Develop holistic paid media strategies to get prospects to our digital experiences , resulting in early-stage leads, qualified leads, opportunities and closed sales (including online sales).
- Create and own roadmap for ongoing innovation to ensure we are delivering on best in class testing opportunities throughout search and digital media resulting in growth.
- Identify content gaps based on customer-driven needs in our paid media channels and partner with our digital marketing and content teams to strategize (and execute).
- Identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights; Providing competitive analysis, marketplace analysis, and creation of POVs.
- Be the internal subject matter expert in digital media by maintaining an understanding of industry trends and a thorough understanding of SEM tools.
- Optimization of the digital media mix, with research of innovative partners to extend the landscape of the digital media channels we use.
- Responsible for assigned digital media budgets, flawless execution of buys and recommended optimizations to improve campaign KPIs.
- Oversees the day-to-day execution of paid media, including PPC ads on Google and Bing; Google Shopping; display; remarketing and Capterra.com PPC. Activities include but are not limited to: managing budgets, setting bid rules, campaign structure, keyword research, ad copy, landing page optimization, reporting, testing, etc.
- Analyze paid media performance data to gain insights, find opportunities for improvement, and to help co-optimize other tactics, such as organic search, paid social, etc., in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Managers, SEO Managers, Social Media Managers and other applicable stakeholders
- Daily budget management, bid optimization, ad copy testing, audience targeting, keyword mining
Education and Experience
- 5+ years in Digital Media and experience managing $1+ million annual PPC budgets.
- Certifications in Google Adwords, Bing Ads.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience using a bid management tool like Kenshoo or Adobe Media Optimizer.
- Experience with analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics preferred).
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to analyze data from multiple sources (Adwords, Adobe Analytics, Webmaster Tools, BrightEdge, etc) to further develop PPC strategy.
- Hands-on management of paid social campaigns, particularly on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Ability to challenge the status quo based on critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills in order to successfully manage a complex PPC account.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners; adept at mediating and obtaining buy-in from partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex information to various levels within the organization.
- Desire to continuously learn and must possess a strong knowledge of digital advertising, inbound marketing and eCommerce.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top