Sr. Marketing Manager
Business Development, Senior Marketing Manager – Corporate Segment
Do you describe your marketing approach as data driven? Do you think creativity and design belong in the same conversation with data and analytics? Are you able to drive marketing priorities in a dynamic business landscape? Is customer centricity part of your DNA? Let's talk. We are looking to hire a passionate marketing leader with extensive background in B2B marketing with experience in maximizing customer relationships to drive new revenue streams.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Corporate, within the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting division (TRTA), the Senior Marketing Manager for Business Development will be responsible for increasing sales opportunities within and across the Thomson Reuters corporate customer base in order to maximize revenue for the organization. This will include developing account-based strategies, campaigns and initiatives that drive both cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. This role will also be responsible for building cross-functional strategies to improve customer retention rates across all lines of business.
This role will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing account-based marketing programs across the corporate marketing organization. The ideal candidate should be a strategic and analytical thinker as well as a self-starter, with the know-how, experience, and enthusiasm to hit the ground running and to make significant impact on the businesses.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with high business acumen and significant experience leading marketing campaign development for a substantial global B2B software/technology and service business. Underpinning that experience will be a successful track record delivering on revenue and pipeline generation commitments by driving break-through marketing strategy leveraging a data-driven approach to forecasting and delivery against goals. The Senior Manager will combine a strong strategic marketing strength with a "hands on" approach that leads to world-class execution and results.
This individual will collaborate with the corporate marketing team, central marketing team, product management, product development, sales and services. In addition, he/she will be expected to analyze market opportunities and business drivers to optimize marketing strategy and campaign execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead strategic annual and tactical quarterly marketing planning to meet
marketing sourced pipeline and revenue goals – through both direct and
- Utilize internal and external data sources to identify areas of opportunity to
drive additional business across product sets or lines of business.
- Work closely with Corporate Leadership and Product Management to identify
strategic areas of cross-sell opportunity and drive marketing programs to target
- Manage the full marketing mix, driving innovative campaigns and marketing
initiatives to existing client accounts in order to drive increased sales
- Support the customer success team in strategies for improving retention and
creating "stickiness" of current customers
- Provide interface between the business unit and central marketing team.
- Ensure fast, clear communication of all relevant marketing activities and tools
to relevant stakeholders, and collects regular feedback.
- Make strategic decisions with strong interpersonal skills, facilitation capabilities
and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in collaborative setting to influence and define marketing strategies.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPENTENCIES
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6-8 years of marketing management
- Experience in the tax and accounting industry preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven experience in driving business and cross-sell B2B marketing efforts
including customer data analytics and account-based marketing strategies.
- Good understanding of marketing analytics and measurement. Experience in
sales and marketing automation – preferably Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
- Experience managing a team and a collaborative environment.
- Challenge the status quo with facts and defend decisions with evidence
- Experience understanding online marketing presence and strategy.
- Excellent writing abilities for web and email campaigns.
- Highly collaborative individual with proven ability to work well in a matrix
organization and effectively manage across boundaries.
- Software requirements: Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Knowledge of Adobe
- The need to drive for results and have fun!
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top