Sr. Market Analyst, Municipal Bonds
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization
Thomson Reuters is looking for a Senior Analyst in its US Municipal Bond benchmark business. US municipal bond benchmarks play a critical role in intraday and long term decision-making for our customers. The Senior Analyst will work closely with clients and both external and internal contacts to make recommendations and publish advice on our web site.
The Senior Analyst will assist the Head of US Municipals in client retention and growth of existing revenue through tactical and strategic project and product opportunities.
- Publish timely intraday, end of day and benchmark yield curves and literature specific to US Municipal Bond industry
- Compile and analyze data and feedback from a variety of sources (primary market, secondary market, street, buy side, sell side contacts)
- Keep client base abreast of all aspects in the muni market including market trends, new structures, issuance and regulatory items
- Leverage contacts and research for the benefit of all clients
- Proactively monitor and report on market and industry activity and to assist clients with forming opinions
- Track and report on information regarding general buying interest; primary market levels inclusive of pre-marketing, preliminary and final offerings of negotiated deals and final offerings of competitive deals.
- Work closely with US muni team to coordinate and deliver clear and concise advice to clients.
- Ability to support your advice with meaningful and objective data
- Follow regulations and internal policies
Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Well built reputation within the US Municipal bond market
- A broad base of market sector knowledge; not only familiarity with quality spread relationships but interplay of different coupon, yield spectrums, calls and other bond structures
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the business but greater longevity is more desirable.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft product suite
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills
- Municipal Research, Sales, Trading or similar experience
- Fundamental and Technical analysis
- Experience with US Muni specific software and applications a plus (Tradeweb, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Investortools, IPREO, TMC)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top