Sr. Legal Editor, Securities
Practical Law US is looking for a Capital Markets & Securities Senior Legal Editor to work on capital markets and securities resources for our Capital Markets & Securities Service.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Conceive and develop securities content to be published on the Capital Markets & Corporate Governance Service and elsewhere on Practical Law's online services. The focus of the resources will be on registered and unregistered offerings (domestic and international) and corporate governance matters.
- Assist with the development of special projects undertaken by Thomson Reuters and Practical Law.
- Stay informed about current developments and issues relating to the securities laws to ensure timely updates of existing content and development of new content.
- Organize and conduct webinars on topics of interest to attorneys practicing in the securities law area, and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors.
- Write, edit, and update securities resources, including practice guidance notes, checklists, standard forms and policies in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal: Business Transactions.
- Develop and use existing relationships with in-house counsel and legal practitioners to ensure that the securities law content is topical and meets their needs.
- Support commercial facing teams in client engagement and retention activities.
This role may be located in a home office if not near a Thomson Reuters facility.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- J.D. required.
- At least 8 years of overall securities law experience in a law firm, corporate legal department, governmental agency, or combination of securities law experience and securities law-related experience in an online legal publishing company.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with respect to all areas of securities law practice.
- Substantial knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing securities law attorneys.
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within a target industry.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to provide a writing sample.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top