Sr Information Security SW Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) Group seeks a high-energy, motivated individual who combines solid technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen for the position of Sr Information Security SW Engineer. This role will be located in Richmond, VA (preferable) or Eagan, MN. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers develop and maintain solutions for Thomson Reuter's ISRM Group. You will bring solid experience in software or systems engineering using emerging and traditional technologies and methods such as: Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD pipelines to name a few
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team and define & develop software in a fast-paced environment using the latest development technologies and infrastructure
- Experience applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, software security, scalability, documentation practices, refactoring, and testing techniques
- Work with product owners to understand product vision and requirements
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- 3 years direct experience in software/systems engineering
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science preferred
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Python, Ruby, C , Java, etc.
- Practices test-driven development & produced quality unit tested code
- Experience with Git and Agile software development
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts
- Ability to work independently where needed, and ability to take direction where needed
- Strong problem solving skills
- Relational database experience using major databases
- Good personal communication skills are vital
- Past experience with working with network defense teams and technologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top