Sr Implementation Consultant
We are currently seeking a self-motivated senior implementation tax consultant with overall 7-8 years of tax knowledge and professional/consulting services. The consultant will work closely with Thomson Reuters' consulting team in the Eastern region and also with our client's project team to manage and implement the various products of Indirect Tax with special emphasis on escalation and customer satisfaction.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
7-8 years of Implementation experience in tax automation.
- Perform process requirements (OTC, PTP) and analysis workshops with clients to define business, process, functional requirements and data element requirements.
- Consult and provide guidance with best process, project scheduling, resource availability for successful tax automation implementations
- Lead project teams consisting of TRTA project teams, Partner project teams and Client project team members.
- Manage project schedules, budget allocations, define statements of work, manage change control and change requests
- Troubleshoot software and implementation issues; provide workaround and functional implementation guidance.
- Gather business, process and integration requirements.
- Support customers in preparing and documenting tax use cases and testing scenarios
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or relevant industry certifications (e.g. PMI) preferred.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work on multiple projects that could be in various stages of implementation
- Should be flexible to travel 40% as part of the job requirements.
- Should have strong Determination functional knowledge in US and International taxes.
- Performs tax functional roles on large international projects, led by a Manager, ONESOURCE Partner, or Customer.
- Can scope out a simple or semi-complex project based on business requirements and achievable benefits
- Technical and Functional Expertise (must meet at least 1 category requirement)
- Functionally proficient with at least 2 ONESOURCE products: Determination, Reporting, S&U Compliance, VAT Compliance, Property Tax, Certificate Manager.
- Functionally proficient in the Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
Specialized Industry knowledge required:
- Background as a PM or Analyst in tax laws and tax automation systems.
- Hands on functional experience in tax laws, rules and citations in US and International taxation.
- Background in Indirect or Property Tax Law, Research or Consulting
- Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues
- Must have high-powered analytical skills and the ability to understand concepts and situations that pass by many others
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, and demonstrated success in adult learning and training principles/skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to achieve objectives by successfully interacting and collaborating with:
- Senior staff level team members in ONESOURCE Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support, and Sales.
- Senior staff level resources at ONESOURCE Partners (KPMG, Deloitte, Accenture, Ryan, etc.)
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills, mostly technical in nature)
- SQL experience (preferably Oracle) or knowledge of MS SQL or DB2 is a plus.
- Experience in developing enterprise-class Java / XML programs is preferred; experience with other technology, such as .NET or Webservices is a plus
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Java-based software program in Application Servers, such as WebLogic, WebSphere or JBoss is a plus
- IT infrastructure administration experience around database, network, and application server, including performance tuning, is a plus
- Functionally proficient with at least 1 Thomson Reuters Indirect tax products
PMI certification is a plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top