Sr Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Own data collection, analysis, and reporting of Plan information to ensure timeliness and accuracy;
• Help coordinate the forecast (Early Look) process by consolidating the BU and Functional submissions, attending forecast calls to gather additional color;
• Assist in refinement of metrics to measure key areas of business performance for Thomson Reuters;
• Optimize reporting and analytical tools (Excel models, standard system reports etc) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of monitoring business unit performance;
• Develop solid relationships with all areas of the business and demonstrate an ability to be an effective partner (both to the BU's as well as to fellow team members of Corporate FP&A).
• Produce the monthly Actuals report based upon systems inputs as well as BU and Functional guidance;
• Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results post close. Effectively communicate key issues to management and provide overall financial guidance;
• Provide high quality and timely analytical support for company-wide projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals, and other investments for senior management;
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects including portfolio optimization, off-shoring initiative studies, analyst consensus studies and others as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent analytical and communicative skills
• Strong familiarity with accounting and financial reporting; former experience in FP&A preferred
• Experience working in a multicultural global environment
• Extremely organized
• Expert in Hyperion/SAP
• Expert level with MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint pro)
• 4-6 years of relevant experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Baar-Switzerland
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top