Sr. Director of Project Management, Reuters
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national and international news to professionals via Refintiv's Eikon desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and Reuters TV .
The Sr. Director of Project Management, Reuters is a newly created role which is responsible for the overall project management function for the company.Reuters operates in a disrupted and evolving media industry and as a result, will undergo numerous transformational initiatives to optimize the business and enable growth.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing leadership, integration and management of all project management resources and processes to improve the consistency and effectiveness of project execution.
- Implementing governance and a consistent prioritization process through transparent reporting.
- Creating a formalized project management culture and developing this capability across all levels of the organization.
- Drives the active leadership, management and delivery of strategic projects and programs.
- Defines the project management strategy and leads the design and implementation of a common methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensures delivery covers all aspects of the project management methodology; to include planning, governance, risk, impact, dependency, change, resource allocation, financial, performance and return on investment.
- Manages interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Works closely with business stakeholders to resolve delivery and execution issues with a continuous focus on maximizing success.
- Provides project reporting to ensure transparency and proactive risk mitigation.
- Manages, leads and deploys a of pool of project management professionals.
- Build and centralization of a project management function
- Governance model and structured reporting process for strategic projects across Reuters
- Consistent approach to prioritizing projects and effective resource allocation
- Consistent process to manage projects, inclusive of status reporting and risk mitigation
- Formalize and imbed a project management culture
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience and demonstrated success as a project management professional
- Ability to collect, analyze and translate data into actionable insight
- Proven experience in the execution of project in an agile environment
- Sound planning and resource management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, to include conflict resolution
- Experience in developing business solutions which have significant impact
- PMP certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top