Sr DevOps Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
SR DevOps Engineer
Our Carrollton-based TechOPs team is seeking a passionate and talented DevOps engineer to help develop the next generation automation tools that will help us as we accelerate toward our vision of seamless CI/CD with our Tax Compliance products. The DevOps engineer ensures that your developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. As processes change and the company grows, the DevOps engineer automates as much as possible to accelerate work. Because of the role that you will play in the team, our developers can focus on their core work so you can deliver products earlier and more reliably.
As a DevOps Engineer you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area, a minimum of 3 years of software engineering or related experience required. Must have at least two years' experience with software engineering operations using CI/CD.
- Solid background in Windows Administration
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is desirable)
- Relevant experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use some NoSQL databases)
- Strong scripting skills and the ability to code and script using Ansible, Python, Perl or Powershell is desirable
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Experience in working with off shore development teams
- Solid architecture experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top